For those looking to explore or be a little more active, we have a host of suggestions…
- Swimming – take a refreshing swim in the freshwater lake or enjoy jumping off the jetty – free access for guests. We have lakeside changing facilities for convenience
- Boat trips – borrow one of our dugout canoes for free, or take a tour of the lake in our motorboat with a local guide (optional packed lunches to keep you going!)
- Bird watching – fabulous views as East African birds flock to the lake. You’ll see many from our hotel, but a guided boat trip will guarantee further sightings
- Community visits – to local villages and schools with our guide to introduce you and translate
- Charity projects – see our work in Uganda. There may be training courses on Itambira Island. You can also see our work in local community
- Guided walks – tailor-made itineraries can be arranged, taking in the island and the surrounding area by boat if you wish to explore beyond the island itself
- Rate for USD $ updated daily
Prices are a guide and subject to change.
- Motorised boat around islands (e.g. Bushara, Sharp’s, Bwama, Punishment Island…) 40US$ per boat
- Nyombe – bird watching $60 US per boat
- Dugout canoes UGX 5,000 per 3 hours if you row yourself (per boat)
- Dugout canoe ride – with staff to row (e.g. round the island) UGX 10,000 (up to 3 hours) per boat
- Guided tour of Itambira Island with IISOH staff – free
- UGX35,000 for 5 hours
- Available to order for guests out on a day trip – cost per person depending on what is requested for
Itambira Island is the perfect place to enjoy peace and tranquility after your trips and travels.
Feel free to enjoy our sun loungers and chill out! Sunset watching with a cold beer is highly recommended to finish off your day.