Discover Itambira Island and Lake Bunyonyi
For those looking to explore or be a little more active, we have a host of suggestions…
- Swimming – take a refreshing swim in the freshwater lake or enjoy jumping off the jetty – free access for guests. We have lakeside changing facilities for convenience
- Fishing with a guide. The lake is very deep, so a guide is helpful to know where to find the fish
- Boat trips – borrow one of our boats or take a guided tour of the lake (optional packed lunches to keep you going!)
- Bird watching – fabulous views as East African birds flock to the lake. You’ll see many from our hotel, but a boat trip will guarantee further sightings
- Community visits – to local villages and schools with our guide to introduce you and translate
- Charity projects – see our work in Uganda. There may be training courses on Itambira Island. You can also see our work in local community
- Guided walks – tailor-made itineraries can be arranged, taking in the island and (including a boat trip) the surrounding area
Itambira Island is the perfect place to enjoy peace and tranquility after your trips and travels.
Feel free to enjoy our sun loungers and chill out! Sunset watching with a cold beer is highly recommended to finish off your day.