Explore Itambira Island and Lake Bunyonyi
Many people who visit Itambira seek to do nothing at all except enjoy the peace and tranquility.
Feel free to enjoy our sun loungers and chill out! For you, sunset watching with a cold beer is highly recommended to finish off your day.
For those looking to explore or be a little more active, we can help…
On the Lake
- Swimming – take a refreshing swim in the freshwater lake or enjoy jumping off the jetty
- Fishing with a guide. The lake is very deep, so a guide is helpful to know where to find the fish
- Boat trips – borrow one of our boats or take a guided tour of the lake (optional packed lunches to keep you going!)
- Bird watching – fabulous views as East African birds flock to the lake
- Community visits – to local villages and schools
- Charity projects – see our work in Uganda. There may be training courses on Itambira Island. You can also see our work in local community